Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

he has been sneaking in our catflap...

and sleeping in one of our cat beds!

and has pretty much made himself at home!

Views: 179

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

At the risk of sounding bolshy, I'm not sure what you think the owner could do to stop their cat breaking in to your home and roughing up your own beasties. I've seen this cat in my garden many times, we know it as "the squirrel killer" (after a gruesome incident last year I still have flashbacks over!) Cats are very territorial and you must make it clear to it that it is not welcome. If it has a collar you could attach a note to it. I did this once and it transpired that the cat concerned was "owned" by at least three households! Cats will go wherever they are most comfortable/best fed.
True. One of our cats used to do this - he's a neutered tom, but sprayed in their house to impress one of their females, ate all their catfood and came and went as he pleased. Short of keeping him indoors all day in our one bedroom flat, we had no way of preventing this. It was incredibly embarrassing: he also had a perfectly good territory of his own in our back garden, but had just chosen to extend it.

We encouraged our neighbours to chase him away whenever they saw him (they're very polite catlovers and were reluctant to be unkind). Eventually they got an electronic catflap - we offered to pay, but they refused. So in the meantime, I'd say have no qualms about chasing him if he's attacking your own cats, and think about a catflap that works with your cats microchips or a tag on their collar.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service