Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

It's 23:55 and for about the third night running I have a dawn chorus going on outside my window.

Is it just me? Am I hearing things?

Views: 625

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

TW, I'm thinking of awarding you a medal or something.

My parents have a nightingale which sings all night in their road in Dartmouth Park

Tonbridge, this is outrageous! You've completely failed to mention key factors here.

Nothing about the Haringey People magazine and its complete and total lack of any photos of our local birds worrying about how they will feed and care for their hungry new families.

And nothing about our Trust, the Ally Pally, which could and should be providing a vast new forest to house the bird population. Have these birds been invited to spend winter in the Palm Court? No wonder they are outside protesting.

And has the Council given the slightest thought to the alternative plan for Wards Corner put forward by the rapidly growing South Avian community? Its elegant steel and glass structure would make a perfect bird sanctuary.

You mean like these Alan? *g*

Aviaries

Link to the large size photo.

TW, I'm afraid my medal will be going to Cllr Stanton - unless we hear from you or Clive in the near future.

Amazed, though, that neither of you have raised the necessity of an Avian Premises Licence for Early Hours Performance of Live Music. Have these birds submitted an Application to Enforcement Licensing Team? In whose name? Is the Applicant over 18 years of age?

Have they submitted the Appropriate Fee?  Have the Licensing Team approved their Detailed Plan of Premises (clear and legible in all material respects)?

Is the submitted Operating Schedule clear about Hours of Performance? Will this performance be restricted to one Level of the Premises, or spill over into other Branches? 

If Alcohol is to be Sold and/or Consumed on the Premises, who is the Designated Premises Supervisor?

If no Licence has yet been issued, are these birds operating under the 28-day Tacit Consent Rule?  In view of multiple objections from the Neighbourhood, will these birds be allowed to continue under the 42-day Tacit Consent (Extension) Rule?

In light of the disturbance to the sleep of Harringay & St Anns Residents, has Cllr Stanton brought these avian infringements of the Charter to the attention of other Councillors with an axe to grind?

Has Cllr Canver applied herself to the issue under Enforcement & Environment?

Has Cllr  Adamou consulted Aristophanes' great drama, The Birds, to determine whether  Objecting Residents may not be living in Nephelococcygia or Cloudcuckooland, somewhat outside the boundaries of Harringay & St Anns?

Lol.... But it's not a disturbance, the song of our robin is soft, gentle, as it is traditionally at this time of year. Hurrah for the robin and his performance of live music, with or without licence.
Just realised my pic shows me playing music dressed in red

Mary, are you confessing to being the secret robin dawn chorus cleverly disguised as a lady in red?

It's not just Fauna responding to the 'false spring'. Flowering bulbs are poking through the ground from today here in crouch end. We should expect an early cherry blossom within two weeks i think at this rate.
OMG I thought everyone on this site lived on the Ladder except me

The robin community is not aware that I'm an undercover infiltrator

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service