Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

A few doors down from the Salisbury at 6 Grand Parade, the premises once operating as Tara restaurant are being refurbished for operation as Hanci. No prizes for guessing which cuisine.

Views: 2883

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What is disheartening is being encouraged to leave our area to go spend our money elsewhere, only to enjoy a variety of cuisines which is something common to most other London High Streets.

Perhaps the amount of negative comments regarding the prevalence of similar restaurants on Green Lanes is representative of the amount of restaurants serving mostly the same thing... Only at various quality levels.

A variety of ethnic options would be nice, and encourage local trade as well as cross cultural relations.

Not everything Billy, but you have to admit that GL is somewhat of a cultural vacuum when it cones to eating out.

It's neither lazy nor unrealistic to want to walk down the street and get a curry. Most high streets have one.

And I assume you must have visited them all Billy, otherwise you would not have made such a sweeping statement. Nevertheless, I wonder what high streets you frequent, because the curry houses on the ones I have visited have been a mix of pretty good, or at least average. Perhaps you need to drink less, the booze does nothing for your taste buds.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Kurdish and Turkish restaurants but does GL really need another?

Oh come on Billy, "Its a little unrealistic (and lazy) to expect to have everything on your doorstep.".

We have one of the best Curry Houses in London on the ladder... Jashan on Turnpike Lane.

My brother went to a Jashan 'outlet' in Dubai airport a few years ago!I haven't been to the TL one for years but it was fairly expensive for what you get iirc.

What surprises me is the high number of Turkish style food shops/eating places on GL.

I encountered the staff from my local Pret in the city on a night out in Harringay on Friday night. They had come from all over London to queue up and eat at one of our famous local Turkish restaurants.

I going to Flame with Adam on Thursday, you are more than welcome to join us! We will be having the most outrageous flaming session with regards to Michael Clarke's declaration. Ha ha ha. Might do Dad's night...

To answer your question, they were far too enthusiastic about being next in the queue to be seated to say anything negative.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service