Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Hi Everyone

The Alroy Road and Endymion Rd raised junction and crossing points are due to be constructed from 16th February. For many years this has been a very dangerous junction for pedestrians and it's a huge relief that finally we will see something done about it. Myself and fellow councillors for the ward met with officers on site some months ago to seek to address the problem. We agreed at the time the course of action and Cllr Mcnamara committed to allocate a budget. Now that we have a firm date I will keep you updated.

Emine Ibrahim

Harringay Ward Councillor

Views: 2792

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Erm not sure what back pedalling has to do with it as I would have had to go back and edit a post from last week which if you check with site admin I cannot do. Please take the time to re read post which points out its out of date and why I was reluctant to post. I repeat it is all out of date pending the new traffic and parking review. I suggest you take part in the process when it starts and your views will be listened too.
Lost for words....still no answers to questions yet again or intention to answer them. Agree wot does up for grabs mean? What has the traffic study of green lanes got to do with this project?
Exactly that TTH we can either have a debate on here when I am telling you that after years of campaigning by former and current councillors for a traffic review of the ward and surrounding wards. It has absolutely EVERYTHING to do with it. I am at a loss for words at the suggestion that it doesn't. It is called Green Lanes traffic parking review for the simple reason that Green Lanes is central to the area in question and the traffic flows cause a large part of the issue. To suggest that all those years of campaigning that has now come to fruition leaves you at a loss for words means there is nothing much I can add to reassure you. If you would like a separate process for Alroy then I cannot support that as it's precisely these whack a mole approaches that lead is to where we are. I don't want us to fall in to this trap. I am not going to preempt the outcome of the traffic study. I take on board your comments and will ensure they are passed on

What does " everything is on the table " mean ?

Precisely that - it is a saying. Means nothing is off the table for reconsideration. This is very important in terms of rising bollards and Hermitage Rd

Stick to the facts of the post you have created, the questions raised by your residents, speak plain English and produce the evidence to support your statements.  Please do not introduce new areas of discussion such as Green Lanes, Hermitage Road and rising bollards!

It is clear there is no desire here to engage constructively beyond a desire to create the impression that I am fudging a question. I am being honest in saying that we have moved beyond the date the post was created. If you genuinely believe that we can take a static approach to the problems then please let's agree to disagree. I believe it would be an utter disgrace for me to come on here and tell you that we are exactly where we were last December. Just a quick question ? Do you consider that Alroy Rd issues has absolutely no connection with the ladder or Green Lanes or the Gardens, or Hermitage Rd. If you do then I am truly aghast and really don't think we will ever agree. So rather then descending in to a tennis match of backwards and forwards posts let's agree to differ. This is your view and I have spoken to many residents who don't view the issues as separate.

Alroy Road/ Endymion Road junction is a single construction project with it's own consultation report and presumably budget.  We are requesting that you find out who is responsible for this possible mismanagement.  You are defecting the questions by referring to some other areas.  I am sticking to the facts here without getting personal, but I can see that we will not get the answers from you therefore I will pursue other avenues to get the truth.  

No TTH

You are not sticking to the facts at all. Many people on this website know that I don't tend to be docile when it comes to responding to this type of approach.
Let's talk facts. Alroy Rd was was subject to a project as part of a desire to improve safety. FACT There are misgivings about whether it's worked. FACT. Alroy Road is part of Harringay Ward FACT. Alroy Rd is affected by traffic flows in Green Lanes and the surrounding area FACT. Green Lanes and the Ladder is affected by closure of Hermitage Rd and Rising Bollards in the Gardens FACT. There is now going to be a wholistic approach which takes account of all these FACT. This post was put up last December FACT. Things have changed FACT

You claim mismanagement that is not FACT that is suspicion and speculation. Who is talking about facts TTH me or you ?

Please refrain from personal attacks about my personal integrity and do not attempt to bully me in to a corner where I give you an answer that does not exist as that calls in to question whether the motive is about road safety or simply unconstructive and dismissive dialogue on social media.

Wow very aggressive response. It's a shame that this Councillor takes this as a personal attack.  My facts were the evidence of the reports and the fact that the work was not carried through as per the consultation report which is addressed to its residents and evidence to funding bodies that proper consultation has taken place.  We are entitled to these answers as residents so that we can eliminate the idea that mismanagement has happened. 

Back to the drawing board. in fact.

Just another broken promise.

You say we but who else are you speaking for other then John D who has a track record of online bullying of Labour Cllrs I am not quite sure who you are other then a series of letters. Other Cllrs have been forced off this website by this type of behaviour. I simply refuse to be intimidated. I will continue to respond with the invititation for you to take part as other active and constructive residents have - like Justin Guest and Ian Sygrave. I have come on here and said that I don't think it's worked that is why I have sought assurances from the lead member that ALL the traffic issues in the ward will be looked at and I have recieved that assurance. I am NOT interested in a continuation of what has happened over the last 20 years where the council sought to resolve one issue and created a whole host of others. The Ladder which forms the large proportion of the ward I was elected to represent has suffered the most as a result of this. I have a responsibility to represent their interest and that's what I was elected to do. Previously the loudest voices got their way in other wards at the expense of ladder residents quality of life. That will not happen again.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service