Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Hi Everyone

The Alroy Road and Endymion Rd raised junction and crossing points are due to be constructed from 16th February. For many years this has been a very dangerous junction for pedestrians and it's a huge relief that finally we will see something done about it. Myself and fellow councillors for the ward met with officers on site some months ago to seek to address the problem. We agreed at the time the course of action and Cllr Mcnamara committed to allocate a budget. Now that we have a firm date I will keep you updated.

Emine Ibrahim

Harringay Ward Councillor

Views: 2796

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Gordon the response was sent to the original enquirer. I don't like posting emails from officers on here as I tend to think that when an officer is sending an email response am not sure that they expect it to go on social media. I posted information from it that answered the question some months ago. However it's clear that there would not have been a full stop had I not posted a somewhat dated but verbatim response. As I said there is now a traffic and parking survey so it is not a full stop to the actual issue

I won't be posting verbatim members enquiries responses on here myself if residents wish to when the recieve response they can. The original enquirer did have this sometime ago.

I prefer to recieve the response then post on here the outcome in my own words and whilst this is no criticism of the response it's just my own preference. Also think that's part of not taking ownership of an issue. Previous I noted cllrs liked to do that I.e just put in members enquiry and post verbatim response basically saying "don't blame me blame the officer"

Hello Emine. as you requested, I emailed you on 20 October requesting that you mail me the response.

" Good morning Emine.

Could you please mail me a copy of the response re the improvements to the Alroy Rd / Endymion Rd junction. "

I have not had a reply.

The response is above

Sorry. I understood that what you posted was an edited version.

I was hoping for the full response.

Two junctions that are horrendously neglected to the point of embarrassment are Frobisher Rd with Green Lanes, (by Ducket's Common,) and Turnpike Lane Junction with Wightman Rd, both car dominated and pedestrian hostile, I would be impressed if they could be resolved with current approaches to pedestrian movement.
A council is either led by it's officers or it's councillors, I have witnessed some very determined councillors, and the public's desire for a more pedestrian friendly route to Finsbury Park should be pursued, go for it.
I was looking forwards to the improvements at this intersection, I use it most week days on my bike. I had been hoping that the new paint and kerb treatments were a first phase; apparently not, so the experience of the intersection has not changed at all.
Dear Emine, the last response you posted from the officer is not the latest. I have posted more info in this thread since that communication, but my reasons for posting on here were that I think it's in the public's interest to have absolute transparency about what is going on with the public's money. I don't think it's acceptable to post excuses about communication problems with laptops and IT equipment as that is something you should raise with your employer Haringey Council. This is our public forum, set up at the dawn of Localism. Our consultation board where Councils should be so keen to engage with us. It is relevant and it is in the public interest to post here. There is nothing confidential, is there? We could all get the info in a FOI request anyway. As I recall previous Cllrs used this board regularly and those same cllrs communicated with me via email without a problem. Indeed they initiated this project, petitioned and hoped just as I did for 12 years that it would be carried through to successful completion. But it hasn't and that is a huge disappointment to many people on here.Just get the evidence and deliver it in a good consultation method which many of us here think that harringayonline that appropriate method. If you are not clear might I suggest you speak to Cllr Adamou as you are all our cllrs and surely all talk to each other, particularly as you are in the same political party! Crucially as you say in your opening paragraph of this thread, a "raised junction and crossing points" was to be delivered but it has NOT. Where do we go from here? I personally think we are going around in circles so Cllr Kober has now been brought into the picture and possibly David lammy in the future if this isn't resolved soon

Good for you, I trust this will engender the kind of response we've all been waiting for since this thread was started close to 1 year ago.  We all wait with baited breath ...tick tock tick tock

I would like to add that the "raised junction and crossing points" are defined in the consultant report from "the Project Centre" and the consultation report from the officer at Haringey Council (both reports are in this thread).  A raised junction is exactly that - the same level as the footpath.  Crossing points were defined where the current friction strips now are.  No crossing points have therefore been installed and as everyone knows who has used the junction recently, there is little improvement in pedestrian accessibility, that is for pedestrians to cross the roads at this junction.  The traffic island idea that Emine/ the officer eludes to above is not to be confused with the other crossing points (were the friction strips now are).

Hi tth if you read what I said I pointed out it was out of date hence why I didn't want to post it but other members kept posting for me to post the original response I got months ago. I obliged and did so stating clearly it was out of date and in fact everything anyone posts is out of date with the traffic study of green lanes on the horizon. I have confirmed with Cllr McNamara that everything is on the table. So continuing to ask for immediate commitments really is perplexing when the commitment is to a holistic approach to the ward and surrounding wards.
I not sure if this sounds like back peddling or 'putting a plaster on it'. I'm more interested in how much money has been wasted by this inefficiency. Have Shortcuts been taken? My question which has always been: why did haringey not follow the recommendations in the consultant report of the raised table and crossing points? And why did they not then follow through with their consultation report which also backed the recommendations. This is not new questions for you Emine. Something has happened between this consultation report and construction and we want to know. Budget will have been allocated for this work, costed to each and every stage, the raised table, crossings. Who is accountable? No answers from the officers have clarified this. Where are our answers? If u can't provide them tell us the procedure we need to find out? FOI? Formal complaint? This is why I have Claire Kober involved. To date you have not provided these answers and it's not acceptable. As our councillor you are accountable for finding out these answers

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service