Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Picture: From the web

Savannah cats are a cross between a domestic cat and a serval. I'd never heard of them till yesterday. Unbeknown to me, I met a young one at a Harringay neighbour's. At the time I thought it was just a cute young cat with great markings. It was only afterwards that I learned what it was. Whilst the cat's owner assured me that it was completely safe, you can bet your bottom dollar that I'd have been a lot less ready to have it chomping on my hand had I known it was half wild African cat genes.

Very attractive cat, though. So if any of you cat-crazy Harringaeites fancy the latest in cat fashion accessories and you have a sheckle or two to spare (serval sheckles in fact!), then a savannah cat may just be your kind of moggy.

Tags for Forum Posts: bengal cat

Views: 4745

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In America it varies state by state.

Is this to protect endangered Mountain Lions?

The US states than ban the savannah provide no scientific reasons for doing so.

Australia and New Zealand are just worried about introducing another species to their countries.

One odd fact. Did you know that it is illegal to own a ferret in the state of New York?

I saw a guy walking one in Central Park and it caused quite a stir.

When these creatures withdraw their labour (from Mouse Control or entertaining guests), presumably, they style their action as a go-slow, or work-to-rule, in order to avoid being labelled a w***cat strike?

Hi Anne.

I just checked with the Savannah breeder. You do not need a licence for any Savannah cat

in this country so I'm not sure where you are getting your info from?

Fascinating stuff!

I actually don't have any images of Mir's parents but this image is very close to her mums appearance and size.

You're gonna get eaten alive, Paul!

That's why I make sure she's fed all the time Hugh!

This is Dad.

Brilliant!

Doh! I'd completely failed to make that connection. Thanks Hob. Another nice theme for Harringay - our decades-long relationship with African wild cats. So we can offer cheetahs, servals and maybe lions and leopards.

I want a cheetah.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service