Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

My neighbour got a ticket the other day, for parking across two pays on our road, Nelson Road, N8.  The only weird thing is: We do not have parking bays. We just have lines. There is ONE random line, and that’s it. That was under his car, and he was told he was across two bays.

He is disputing it, of course, but I am now wondering: How can we get this weird line removed, and why is it there in the first place? We’re now getting a bit paranoid about jobsworth parking wardens giving out parking tickets when there’s no good reason for it. They’re just a pain in the a** to dispute, and no one wants the hassle, even though it’s pretty clear there’s no bay there, see photos.

Here's the one little line in question:

See - no bays!!!

Any suggestions?

Tags for Forum Posts: bay, parking, weird

Views: 3162

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here's the other sign, you can see how that gets confusing:
Attachments:
And here is where the signs are and the line. Confusing? On a residential road. With no clear bay markings. "Business permits"??? Really? There's a newsagents and a hairdressers around the corner. And pay and display bays outside.
E N T R A P M E N T.
Attachments:

These signs mean the same thing - so what on earth are they banging on about!?

You may like to read this; Councils 'accept honest parking mistakes' .... might

Your local Councillor is Dave Winskill and he lives in the area. He might be a good chap to contact about this as he has a brilliant reputation for getting things done.

Crouchhall, will do, thank you!!!!

Hi Anette,

Cllr Rachel Allison is not available today, so I've been in touch with the Parking Service. Hopefully this will get sorted out today.

(Tottenham Hale ward councillor)

Good for you Alan for getting in touch with the Parking Service about this incident on behalf of a resident. Are you prepared to comment on the wider aspect of municipal morality and entrapment?

Absolutely, Clive.

I can confirm from my own perilous and secret explorations in the deep dungeons under River Park House that Haringey Parking Service is actually controlled by a group of monstrous goblins who crouch on the floor chewing pieces of car, and cackling and slavering as they watch CCTV of despairing motorists.

Alan: appreciate your candour – and your bravery.

me too, thank you Alan!!!!! And beware of the monstrous goblins...

I'll sit tight until I hear back from you then. Fingers crossed, hopefully you will find someone with a bit of decency and common sense..

Decency and common sense prevailed, Anette.

The very commonsensical Gary Weston emailed me from the Parking Service. The PCN your neighbour got has been "identified and cancelled". They've also contacted your neighbour to advise him this has been done. The operational staff and the specific traffic warden (Civil Enforcement Officer) will be briefed on this.

Residents can indeed park in the bays shown as residents or business bays. But holders of business permits may only park in the business bays. Mr Weston writes: "We should not have issued a penalty notice but applied common sense to the situation. However if a vehicle displaying a business permit had parked in the same way, then a notice would have been correctly issued."

"The issuing officer will be given feedback on the error made and all enforcement staff re-briefed to ensure the issuance of a penalty notice to a resident correctly displaying their permit in the same location does not take place."

(Tottenham Hale ward councillor)

Brilliant! That's great news, thank you. So as I understand it, if you have a residents permit, and you happen to park ON this silly line, you will not get a ticket? As there are no marked bays here, it's inevitable that parking on the line will happen, it depends on how other vehicles park. Is that correct? Did they say anything about why they have these near invisible "business bays" in an area with no businesses and plenty pay and display bays around the corner? And wihatbguarantees do we have that this will not happen again in a few years time when staff has changed and all is forgotten?

I really appreciate your effort, and I am certain my neighbours are really pleased the PCNs were cancelled this quickly, but I'm after a long term solution. Any suggests? I really do not want this again a few years down the line. Again, a BIG THANK YOU!!!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service