Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

A leopard really can change its spots ... apparently.

'The 2009 Conservative party conference attracted not only the usual lobbyists, toffs and captains of industry but lesbians, gays and environmentalists too. Have David Cameron's Tories really changed their tune?'

Carole Cadwalladr writes in The Observer

Quote: I go to a fringe meeting on women in public life and listen to Margot James, one of the most high-profile of the new crop of potential parliamentary candidates.

"So," she says. "I asked my partner, 'What's it like living with a candidate?' And this is what she replied…"

She? Conservatives are lesbians now? When did this happen?

I talk to Rosie Boycott who has come to chair a debate on food and she tells me that "The black farmer was there, Wilfred Emmanuel-Jones. And he's really cool. The planet isn't going to stop being destroyed while we wait for another Labour government. And Labour fucked up.

By 11pm night after night, the main conference hotel, the Midland, is mayhem. There's free booze and canapes whichever way you turn and great crushes of people falling over armchairs and knocking over drinks. You'd probably call it "binge drinking" ...
[end quote]

Maybe all that booze went to her head ...

Views: 87

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A self fulfilling prophesy obviously
Well, look, let's not knock it. I think all parties to a greater or lesser extent have got room fro improvement on their inclusiveness. If this is a sign of the Conservatives doing so, I applaud it.
Don't be fooled Hugh! Look at their partners in the EU parliament.. BNP type Homophobes.. !!

They haven't changed.. they are just eager for power.. (like the other parties)
Yes, the Tory 'friends' in Europe are a bizarre lot. As Milliband points out here;

Miliband launched his latest criticism after reading comments by the ECR group's chairman, the Polish MEP Michal Kaminski, in which he suggested in an interview with the Jewish Chronicle that the murder of hundreds of Jews in Jedwabne by their countrymen should be considered a lesser crime than atrocities by the Nazis during the Holocaust.

"I think that it's unfair comparing it [the Jedwabne massacre] with Nazi crimes and putting it with the same level as the Nazi policy," Kaminski told the paper, adding that he opposed a national apology for the Jedwabne massacre unless Jews apologised for what he said were their crimes during the Soviet occupation of eastern Poland.

The Tories will make Britain a laughing stock by aligning themselves with such nutters.
Indeed, lets hope it does reflect true change with the Tories.

But then if you watched the programme on More4 this week 'When Boris met Dave', maybe they're so desperate for power they'll say and do anything.
The Conservative Party has changed. Have those on the Left woken up the realities, however uncomfortable for them, of C21 politics?

Another, sadly, nasty swipe at the Conservatives by Matt. At least Hugh acknowledges the Conservatives are an inclusive party (for which thanks)
Shurley shome mishtake ?
I don't deny it Justin. Also until HoL has decided how to handle politics at a local level, I'm keen to ensure that the site does reflect a multiplicity of political views and, despite what you may sometimes feel, keen to try and ensure that the views no one set of views is given unfair airing.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service