Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Is anyone else getting Blueyonder/Virgin mails delayed anything up to 18 hours today? Or is it just me?

Tags for Forum Posts: virgin media

Views: 135

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They are having some national issues with their email service since yestaurday.

http://status-cable.virginmedia.com/vmstatus/summary.do

Use Gmail for email, it's sooooo much better.

You can have gmail collect your Blueyonder emails, if you do deicide to change over.
Thanks guys - will look at gmail too.
I was so not happy when I heard that Virgin had bought ntl as I knew a brilliant service was about to catch the Virgin flu ... and it has.
Virgin Media warning - I strongly advise everyone who has a contract with Virgin Media to check your bills closely this month. We had £28.00 worth of additional charges. Apparently we bought Ronin 12 times within a matter of 60seconds... and a couple of other movies I've never even heard of thrown in for good measure. Apparently Virgin are looking into it but I would advise you call them to sort it out as they have a tendancy to not do anything unless you pull them up about it....
I also got charged 8 times for the same film plus 4 for another. Good thing I checked.
I always check my bills, they'll do anything for an extra quid or twelve.

I have been with Virgin / blueyonder for eight years and apart from one balls up, they've been fine.

I occasionally get the TV going off, but a quick boot up and it's fine again.
I had a weird message from them when I first set up my Blueyoner email account. I was questioning the amount of spam I was getting, it was bordering on the ridiculous. I had so much that for a moment I did actually concider a penis extention. Which is bad, considering I don't have one...
Anyway, the email I finally got back from the support team simply said that it's always a bad idea to have your email account with your ISP. I asked them if they were in effect telling me that their blueyonder service was no good, but funnily enough they never came back to me about that. Weirdest customer support email I've ever had.
Promptly changed to gmail, and it's brilliant.

Other than that I think Virgin Media are pretty good.
I've always wondered why blueyonder doen't filter out spam, like hotmail does so well, without the targeted advertising (and tracking of your msgs) that gmail do.
I was with blueonder for a long time,but as they kept increasing their prices and offering less,I eventually changed to the post office-lots cheaper, except I could filter off spam wth blueyonder which i cant with my gmail account

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service