Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Should we celebrate our 1000 member? Only 9 new members needed! Shoud number 1000 win a prize?????

Views: 45

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Member 1001 could get a free meal from Cafe 1001 at Brick Lane.

But there are people on here who would probably insist that said lucky person must be subjected to a meal of fresh Green Lanes kebab meat!
Hey, thanks Matt. That's really generous. How much money are you putting up for this prize?
I'll take the lead from site admin/marketing/policy/moderation department. Happy to match on whatever others would like to put up.
Matt! - site admin/marketing/policy/moderation department is after money to keep the site going. We're not about to spend it on nosh. Try again - big rosette for the right answer. (Clue the answer is numeric only and begins with £.)
But all that nonsense quite apart, thanks for for posting this Ruth. Yes, we're nearly at 1,000 after not much more than a year. Who'd 'ave thunk it. It's one way of measuring how successful the site's been. But I prefer to think in terms of impact and from a standing start I think we can all be pretty proud of our score there. So big pat on the back to us all.
Eddie and Paul's door-stepping got us a LOT of members in a very short time. I'm too shy to doorstep but I did drop cards through the doors of all the houses on my street a month ago and got not a single new member. My street is full of philistines. I think I'm moving to Effingham. Anyway, 1000th member to get a special welcome message from the site admin.
Yes I think that's all they'll get as my idea of a little welcome prize (prompted by Ruth) got met with 'money is needed for the site first' (!) Must be something to do with the credit crunch (is that a new Kelloggs cereal?).
I wonder what Dom thinks? The number 1000 member?

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service