Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Get it off your chest about customer service and find out what everyone else thinks

If you're anything like me, you regularly get peed off by poor customer service. So, intyeresting to recently find Plebble.com, a relatively new site which allows you to rate teh customer service you're received and see how companies rate.

I just had a wee mindight rant about Virgin Media - sadly it did feel better. (PS Virgin Media ranks 16th worst)

Tags for Forum Posts: broadband, consumer complaints, virgin media

Views: 39

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well they own our cable connection so a lot of us are on them. I upgraded my broadband connection from 4Mb maximum to 20Mb maximum about 6 months ago. I saw an improvement from 2Mb average to 5Mb average. So within a month I rang back and asked to be put back on the 4Mb package. The lady I spoke to (heavy Indian accent) was having none of it unless I parted with a sum of money (I forget exactly how much but more than 50 pounds) to cover their loss of profit. I think I was entitled to get it for free but I just didn't have the energy to argue with her.

Anyway, don't bother with anything other than the 4Mb package from Virgin. Despite the fibre-optic cables they use in Harringay the connection from Virgin to the rest of the world just doesn't cut it.

I used this website to check my speed but I don't think it takes into account the fact that I am on cable very well.
They have not upgraded their cable in this area and I think 4 mb is a fast as it can go. They of course will fobb you off and try and sell you a 20 mb line. Actually just checked and it says they have upgraded it now???

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/existingcustomers/faster/sched...
We're special because we used to be Cable London. Most Virgin Media broadband customers are onsold BT's wholesale broadband package that goes through the phone lines.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service