Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Don't you be waiting for a reminder that your parking permit is about to expire ...

I found out this morning that Haringey no longer send out reminders about annual parking permits expiring - because I got a ticket (mine expired yesterday, got ticket 9.15 this morning). Delighted! You bet.

I don't have a problem with not being sent reminders. But I do have a problem with always having been sent a reminder, and then not being sent one, with no notice.

Did I miss a letter about this? Did anyone spot anything in the otherwise very informative Haringey People magazine? I asked at the payment place and was told that "a lot of people have had this problem", but she didn't know when the rules had changed, whether any notice of this had been published.

So just be warned, and check when your permit expires.

Tags for Forum Posts: parking, permits

Views: 59

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Alison
If you havn't done so already I'd advise you to contest this ticket. when something similar happened to me a couple of years ago, on that occasion they claimed to have sent a reminder but it never arrived, I did and won.
good luck
Martin
As Martin has said this has happened before. If I remember correctly it was last year. Reminders had always been sent out. In fact the reminder letter said that 'don't worry, we will remind you each year'! But last year they conveniently forgot and everybody queuing up to contest a ticket was there for the same problem.

Of course I contested it and never heard anything again. I suspect no-one else did either. In other words, the tickets were dropped en mass. I don't know why but I'm surprised to hear this happening again. Another cynical money raising measure?

Another thing to be wary of; Outer & Inner Wood Green permits have been brought in, but this won't concern those of the south part of the ladder. The splitting of the WG CPZ into Inner & Outer gives the impression those with Outer WG permits will need to pay for parking within the Inner WG area.

According to a parking attendent I spoke to today it makes no difference. You still count as a WG Resident in both and therefore don't have to pay at a ticket machine in either. But I bet they change that without notice at some point too!
I got a reminder about my permit about two months ago.
I got a reminder for years, so I got lulled into a false sense of security. I suddenly got a ticket and realised that my resident's permit had run out, within two hours I had paid the ticket and got my resident's permit.
Then I started getting extra fines for unpaid tickets I had not received in the period I had not had a permit, about eight. I sent them all to Haringey explaining that I hadn't received the originals. They said the originals may have been ripped off my car by children, and let me pay them at the original fine, which I did. I did say that I had always received reminders. They quickly answered that the onus is on the resident not Haringey Council. Fair enough, but if they are inconsistent in sending them out, then it's like a trick if they don't send it one year.
Now I receive reminders again, but put the date to renew in my diary.
Don't let a parking permit get in the way of receiving a ticket. I have been fined even though I have had a valid permit showing. Of course I didn't pay it and I also made them look like donkeys in three London newspapers.

Contest it Alison, you should get off.
Thanks everyone, that is really interesting. I have already paid it but I am going to have a moan all the same. It does sound as though they are being incredibly inconsistent.
Contesting failed, just heard today.

But they didn't answer my main question which was to confirm whether they did or did not remind people about permits expiring. Totally inconsistent from what I can see; some get them, some don't. Have replied asking for clarification, am genuinely curious.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service