Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Take a look at this picture just posted to Harringay Online's Flickr Group - by one of this site's members (going by a different screen name - so I won't blow their cover!)

Why not join the Flickr group yourself and post some of your shots of Harringay?

Tags for Forum Posts: duckett's, duckett's common, ducketts, flickr, sculpture

Views: 59

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yes it's in the front of the premises of a housing agency. (first housing)
the premises was owned by 'patchwork community housing' group.
the original 'hippy' housing group based in islington. the sculture was commisioned by them and was done by one of their residents (forget his name) i used to be a member of patchwork in the late seventies.
it's a work of brutallity in my opinion. it must weigh a ton so i guess thats why nobody has tried to dispose of it. i hope it stays because it is now part of the local landscape.
Yes, (he said smugly) I think it's great fun.
James that's really interesting. I've admired the sculpture every time I've walked past it and it's great to know a little about it's background - thank you!

james walsh said:
yes it's in the front of the premises of a housing agency. (first housing)
the premises was owned by 'patchwork community housing' group.
the original 'hippy' housing group based in islington. the sculture was commisioned by them and was done by one of their residents (forget his name) i used to be a member of patchwork in the late seventies.
it's a work of brutallity in my opinion. it must weigh a ton so i guess thats why nobody has tried to dispose of it. i hope it stays because it is now part of the local landscape.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service