Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Visiting Amex for a meeting today, I noticed that Google is in the same building. It struck me that Google is so familliar to most of us, but only as something ephemeral on the screen. So I thought I'd take the opportunity and follow the trail of twenty-somethings a couple of floors up and see the lion in his den, as it were.

I couldn't get past reception, but it all looked quite fun - accented in the colours used for their logo. And, on one side on the lift shaft, I saw they've recycled old phone boxes into, wait for it......Googleboxes. Of passing interest; so I thought I'd share.

The main reception

Googleboxes

Tags for Forum Posts: google

Views: 127

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The mobile has reduced the need for most of these red boxes so I suppose it is good they are finding a use (other than backdrop for tourist photos) - what is that person doing in there? A private call on his mobile maybe?
A line of coke?
You b*stard. They're a technology company, not a PR company. I doubt they'd find a trace in the entire building. Possibly come contraband PSPs though.
I've been 'lucky' enough to get inside there a few times as the company I work for does business with them. It's a very airy office spread over 3 floors. There's a gym which has always looked empty everytime I've visited (the Google gym is probably larger than the one on Park road!). The canteen is massive, with flat screens all around and floor to ceiling glass. Great food, and all 100% free to employees and guests. There are pouffe cushions and beanbags all over the floors that people just collapse into every now and then, and the reception has a great wall projection of Google Earth zooming randomly around the world.

But the thing that had me laughing out loud was the sign-in process in reception. You go to a computer and key in your details, it eventually spits out your visitors card etc. But not before an onscreen Non Disclosure Agreement pops up for you to sign first.

"Do I really have to sign this?"
"Yes sir, I'm afraid so. Company policy."
"But I'm only here for the curry."

Ah well, the curry was good, but I'm bound by the NDA from telling you how spicy it was. ;-)

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service