Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Woolworths shuts up shop tomorrow (Sat 13th Sept).

The king of 'I can't find it anywhere else' retail chain has been struggling at the till and has decided to close some large stores. Needless to say, the bargin hunters are out in force piling their trolleys high with a renewed (if short lived ) interest in Woolies.

Wood Green gets hit again after Waterstones did exactly the same thing recently. Thing is, this BBC article says some of these spaces are being sold off to Waitrose.

Waitrose in WG? ..... Mind you, they are in Dartford.

Maybe WG is heading for pound shop paradise again as the UK rides into recession (no ipod fridges on sale here). Or worse still;

Views: 328

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

OMG Woolies is going, that's bad news. I can't imagine a Waitrose in WG, Aldi, Netto, Lidl, but not a John Lewis establishment.
pleasepleaseplease let us have a Waitrose!
Apparently Pearsons (which also departed our dearly beloved WG) used to be a John Lewis!! So there's hope yet. :)
...and you can afford to shop at Waitrose?
Of course (occassionally). I don't spend my money on ipod fridges. Would rather feed the family decent food. :)
I heard part of Pearsons will become Debenhams. seem to be taking along time over it.
Me too, when I'm feeling flush I treat them to a flutter down Iceland.
which, of course, was once a Woolies!
sad to hear about woolworths, though it was only good for the pick 'n' mix, and can't compete with Wilko's for bargain goods. Waitrose would be nice but isn't there already an M&S food there? (or did I just fabricate this totally?! haha)
You're right, Wilko (from up north) stuffed 'em. M&S are on the high st down by Mothercare/Sainsbury's. However M&S food in WG only pay lip service to us lot down here in the valleys. You have to pop up to Muswell Hill for a decent M&S shop. Unless of course you're partial to a Iceland treat. :)
i once went in to the wood green m&s store, looking for a per una/ autograph collection coat i'd seen online for my mum (i cant remember the name of the exact line). After wandering around the store and not locating the range that I needed, I asked one of the staff members where the relevant section was. She laughed and replied: 'thats for the posh stores. this is wood green love'.
The credit crunch is killing off waitrose according to today's news, so I sincerely doubt we'll be seeing one popping up in shopping city any time soon!

My money is on a primark, since there isnt one for miles around, and they are in boom time at the mo what with their cheap clothes!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service