Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Hi
I need an electrician to have a look at the wiring. I'm a bit scared that it could be a big job.
Can anyone recommend someone?
Thanks

Tags for Forum Posts: electrician

Views: 330

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There's one I posted here some while ago - he's an old fashioned decent honest sort of a guy.
Thanks Hugh. He sounds ideal - my wiring looks pretty old fashioned too!
Have him round to have a look. See if you feel comfortable with him. For me he fitted new lighting in the kitchen and bathroom. Not a big job, but he's the kind of guy you feel comfortable having around.
We used him recently on Hugh's recommendation. Top man. Highly recommended.
+1
We had him round this evening. Great bloke.

I can recommend Slawomir - 07907970984 as a fully qualified electrician who was able to assess my wiring and design a re-wiring upgrade that was ergonomic, effective and value for money.  Although the estimate was given before Christmas he held his price and turned up to check the state of the stripping out.  He did first fix and second fix at the dates and times agreed.  The builder had incorrectly indicated the position of one socket.  This was resited at no extra cost.  The work was completed quickly as well.  I suggest that you get several quotes - try to get 5 or 6.  Both the prices and the recommendations for the upgrade varied widely.  I had some that tried to say we needed to re-wire the whole flat, which was rubbish.  Make sure the person you choose has the qualifications to allow them to issue you with a valid certificate.  Although Slawomir has wired newly buit flats and houses he spent three years working on refurbishments and upgrades.  He said you must choose the right electrician for the right job and suggested that when asking for quotes ask what their main area of work is.  Someone who renews fittings and does maintenance and problem solving is unlikely to be suitable for re-wiring.  Even if they are qualified to do it they will take much much longer and the work could be much untidier - this is likely to be more expensive.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service