Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Can You Help Hamid - Any Lawyers/Paralegals on the Site?

I'm currently using a very pleasnt Iranian joiner (Hamid) to have some doors made.

When he was round earlier this week he told me a tale of how he's being royally screwed by Network Rail on his arches workshop. (Honestly, it sounds like an awful situtaion with the small guy being very messed around by a large company).

He's finally managed to get a meeting booked with them for a few weeks' time and is fearful that if he goes in there on his own he won't get anywhere. Is anyone a lawyer, paralegal or has enough knowledge and a bit of time to help him. He was quoted thousands by a lawyer and simply can't afford the fees. I imagine the work wouldn't need to be pro bono - pro a bit of joinery perhaps?

Any road up, if there's a good samaritan out there, let me know and I'll connect you.

Views: 116

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hey, my husband is a lawyer and we need a bit of carpentry done! I'm sure we can arrange a swap! Michael is between jobs til 6th October so if its before that he could definitely help!
Thank you Marsha. I'll drop you a note seprately.
Sorry I don't know any lawyers. What a worrying story though. I hope it works out for him.

Suzy
I do hope someone can help Hamid - he's a genuinely nice guy and after having some work done by him I would recommend him as a joiner.
Quick update:

In the first instance:

1. I've been in touch with the Chief Exec of Network Rail Property on Hamid's behalf and have written a detailed synopsis of the issues he has faced together with an outline of the losses he has suffered and a request for an offer of settlement.

2. David Lammy's Office has kindly offered to act on my behalf to see also if they can leverage some sort of resolution.

I'll let y'all know if we get anywhere.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service