Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

This from Sustainable Haringey:

Hi All

As part of the Sustainable Haringey 'Work and Economy' group's activities I want to make an online 'Haringey Repair Map', showing businesses in Haringey which repair things.

I'd be very grateful for any information about shops or workshops or whatever that do repairs. Ideally I'd like the proper business name, a description of what it will repair, the full address, the phone number, and any comments you have about them. If you wanted to be really nice you'd send me a picture of the shop too.

For the time being I will exclude garages and car repairs - I don't think they are hard to find -- and I will also exclude repair people who come to your house but don't have premises of their own.

Once it starts to get full I'll make it public so that you can see it. If it works well we can use the same approach to do other Sustainable Haringey maps.

Please reply to jezza@jeremygreen.net

Best wishes,

Jeremy Green
Sustainable Haringey
'Work and Economy' group

Tags for Forum Posts: map

Views: 96

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Since they have excluded car repairs I bet you get nothing. The internal combustion engine is not still with us because it is the most efficient thing we have, it is with us because it provides a lot of jobs for people.
The map is a very good idea. The Sustainable Haringey 'Work and Economy' group is probably more likely excluding car repair businesses because they're seen as supporting the 'unsustainable' car. I think putting up these businesses is important because the comments section will allow we customers to share info about which businesses are not ripping off their clients.

There is a need to know where all sorts of good repair shops are because, too much is being thrown away by all of us. There is a vaccuum repair shop on Lordship Lane for example. There aren't many of these shops around but he does a roaring trade.
Oh and a fantastic and reasonable washing machine repair outfit in Stoke Newington (a short white van ride from here) but... it's not the extremely residential Harringay.
Hi Matt,

Glad you like the idea - why not send me a contribution? I have surprisingly few repair places nominated so far.

Jeremy
I haven't put car repair places on because there doesn't seem to be a problem finding them! I haven't even put computer repair places on, though I might.There doesn't seem to be any shortage of those, and everyone knows where they are. No-one can find places to repair radios or tellys though.

Jeremy

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service