Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

So, li'l ole Harringay chalks one up for the underdog.

Out of over 100 entrants, Harringay Online was one of ten sites recognised at this morning's awards. Of those ten three were selected for presentation to Gordon Brown, Phil Hope (Minister for the Third Sector in the Cabinet Office) & John Hutton (first Secretary of State for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform) who spent 20 minutes with the three.

Harringay Online was one of two sites singled out for a Special Judges' Commendation. (The main award for our category went to a very worthy site which fit the bill better than Harringay Online. But apparently the judges were so positive about what we're doing that they particularly wanted to recognise and profile the initiative we are engaged in and so made this special commendation).

Views: 174

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Congratulations! Well deserved.
I assume we'll see this in the next Haringey People? And such a shame Brian Haley never called you back when you called to invite him along, Hugh!
A marvellous and well deserved result! Congratulations, Hugh and everyone else. I suspect we've only begun to grasp the creative potential of a neighbourhood online network - especially its power to gather and share information and make change in the offline world. I especially value the candour, open-mindedness, enjoyment and pride in locality, and mutual respect of site members.

Congratulations Hugh and all .... now, did someone mention captions? Hmm ... maybe not!
I always thought it was a fantastic model of community engagement/empowerment - Good to see it has been recognised. Well done.
Excellent - very well deserved, onwards and upwards! Good to know that the hard work put in by many has been recognised. Well done to all.
congrats hugh! :)
This is fabulous news and it's so good that all this hard work has been recognised - at a level *above* the local authority! Well done to Hugh & Liz & Adam & everyone else who has put in time and effort for this.

The Haringey People centrefold needs not only to feature this photo, but the comments in this thread (especially Takaokajiegin's, Eddie's & Liz's)!
Congratulations to you and to everybody who contributes to this website!
Fantastic! Well done Hugh and everyone involved in setting up HarringayOnline.
A couple more pics of the event:

With Phil Hope, Minister for Third Sector

With John Hutton, Secretary of State for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform

With John Hutton, Secretary of State for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform

And look at that, he'd rather take the phot op than listen to me. Tch!
Gordon: "These Cataclysmic Awards should Phil us with Hope, 24/7, in the run-up to Glasgow East."

Mrs E.: "Oh Mr Hutton, you Enterprising hunk, you're a punk I could do Business with. Are you looking for a Litterary Tsarina?"

Hugh: "Listen up Gordon! Finsbury Park's a place you could spend more time with the family."
Cracking result - well done.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service