Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

So, li'l ole Harringay chalks one up for the underdog.

Out of over 100 entrants, Harringay Online was one of ten sites recognised at this morning's awards. Of those ten three were selected for presentation to Gordon Brown, Phil Hope (Minister for the Third Sector in the Cabinet Office) & John Hutton (first Secretary of State for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform) who spent 20 minutes with the three.

Harringay Online was one of two sites singled out for a Special Judges' Commendation. (The main award for our category went to a very worthy site which fit the bill better than Harringay Online. But apparently the judges were so positive about what we're doing that they particularly wanted to recognise and profile the initiative we are engaged in and so made this special commendation).

Views: 174

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Fantastic news, well done. Odds on a feature in Haringey People folks...?
Sorry for the delayed "Congratulations!" - I've been trying to come up with a witty and relevant comment or caption, but have failed miserably! I think it's because I'm just to darn proud of my neighbors and the community to even slightly take the tarnish off this brilliant achievement. Well done Hugh and all. Nige and I have been beaming since we saw HOL got this recognition. It's great to feel we're now part of this great initiative :o)

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service