Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

This guy(also owner of Athena) has applied for retrospective planning permission aftr residents complained about his various practices.

We would like to object to the fencing that has been erected at the front and sides of 646 Green Lanes. This fencing is far too obtrusive and unsightly. This ugly, high fencing is not in keeping with other properties in the vicinity, and is an unwanted eye sore in our area.

Our other issues we would like addressed regarding this property:

• Erection of a large storage area at the rear of the property backing on to the rear gardens of residents of Harringay Gardens living on the north side of the street, the noise from white goods and other items being loaded and unloaded into this ‘building’ is intrusive and unacceptable.
• The smell of the rotting rubbish. The large amount of rubbish being left in the bins (and also skips that appear from time to time) in the front of this property is often extremely pungent, especially on warm days. Rubbish is left here from by the numerous occupants of this multi occupancy dwelling and also from men working in unoccupied shops opposite who do have some connection with this property.
• Car Park at the front of the property. The front of the property is being used as a car park with up to 12 vans or cars parked at the front and many others at the side and possibly rear of the property. The car park is used by workers converting shops opposite and also visitors to Athena Palace. Used white goods and sofas are often delivered in vans and unloaded at this location. The constant stream of vehicles crossing over the pavement to get onto this property is a danger to pedestrians, especially young children and it is only a matter of time before there is an accident. Traffic is constantly being held up by vehicles backing off this property, and the location of the bus stop makes it extremely dangerous.

The lack of respect and consideration shown to residents by the owner and people connected with this property is unacceptable, and the residents would like the council to advise why they have allowed this blatant disregard of all council rules and regulations to have gone on for so long despite local residents complaining. We appreciate that different council department’s deal with different issues, but after so many complaints and requests for council departments to get together and deal with the problems with this property, it is not acceptable that this problem has gone on for so long, and we demand that all the issues are now addressed along with this retrospective planning application.

Views: 28

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good letter. Has this been sent? Let us know what happens!
Not sent yet - 3 weeks to go - waiting for all to sign first.
let me know if you need me to do anything to help.
Will take this round Harringay Gdns on Thurs/fri.... if anyone else cares to sign let me know and will come and knock on your door....
Thanks Ben I'm at home tomorrow and Friday morning in Harringay Gdns - how will I find you?
Anna
Sorry, have been away. Will happily sign if it's still possible.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service