Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Strange, I was just having a quick browse on a new archives site I found this morning about the Atone Age flint find sites around Hornsey and then just now I was sitting in my garden having a quiet smoke and absent-mindedly clearing away some stones that had been half set in concrete at the bottom of the steps going down to my garden and I found this.

Is it what I think it is? Along the side there are a couple of little holes, which could be natural, but then they could have been made too. What do you think? Is this more than a flight of fancy?

Views: 46

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Agree with Tom
These look man-made to me.
Have them checked out and let us know, how exciting!!!
Yes, they might be your ancestors Hugh. :)
That made me think of something I've been wanting to ask for along time.

Some members must live on the remains of Harringay House.. has anybody found anything of interest? Foundations etc.?
My house is just to the edge of where HH was. I think there may have been a stables here. I find lots of clinker in the garden - and lots of little bits of vitorian artefacts, but who knows where they're from.
RE the flint, I feel less sure about the holes, but the whole piece looks pretty intentionally crafted to me to me. There appear to be clear signs of bits of flint being chiped off to shape a tool.

As Tom says, the only way to be sure is to get it check by an expert.
not knowing the actual size they look like they could be one of three things an arrow head
or spear head or even a hand axe but it depends on the true size.
you should try the museum of london to get them checked /

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service