Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

They've Copied Harringay Online in Virginnia USA, now Durban South Africa is pondering our Approach

Back in October last year a network was set up in Virginnia which at its launch was just about a carbon copy of this site. (It's since developed more of its own identity). Now this blog off the wires sees the possibility of Durban, South Africa picking up on what we're doing.

Small world eh.

Views: 82

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hush, if I were you, I start considering going to some conference and talk about how social networking can be applied to local communities to build better relationships and etc. etc., talking about your experience.

Maybe this could be a good example for the rest of London too, I don't know how much this site paradigm is re-applied in other wards. I never looked into it.
You surely went beyond my initial intention to create an aggregator (or expanded notice board) for Finsbury Park area ;-)
I'm not local to the area but I know Harringay and I do drop into the site now and again. I suggested at a recent community meeting of my own that your site would be an excellent template for one here. We have a website at the moment http://bromptonconservationassociation.org/ but I think it is not even remotely fulfilling its potential. We also have distinct divisions within the community (A 4 way split between 1- residents in "the posh bit", 2- many army personnel, who mainly live in MoD housing, 3- residents of the council and ex-council properties, and 4- the "ones out on a limb", separated from the rest of us by a main road and open space). It would be great to see us all using a common and easily accessible forum like this. So you never know, Hugh, someone might approach you soon to see if there is any means of picking up a template...

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service