Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

This thread is part of an old thread about the recent drinks night out. It has now moved on to discussing the next drinks (or the one after that).

Some of us are looking into the idea of organising some live music for one of our HoL off-line drinks nights out.

Do we want a full on loud band, a little jazz/R&B, man & guitar in corner or, as Birdy suggests the backing track from a Mothercare store :) ?! We could of course do a music night separate from the monthly drinks, but I'd rather not.

Your thoughts greatly appreciated.

HoL Drinks: Always bring along conversation, wit & revolutionary zeal :)

You never know, someone might start a new political party called the Green Lanes massiv.

Views: 129

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great turn out last night and it was wonderful to meet so many new people from the site. Well done Alan (councillor) for popping along too.

The pub suddenly got so busy that extra staff and the poor old landlord had to be called in. Fabulous 1st birthday party for HoL!
Aye, it was a good evening and so nice to meet a few new faces. Next year I think we need to book the back room.
As I've said to a few people, I was very sceptical when we had the first of these drinks back in March and went along prepared for an evening of forced smiles, unnatural chatter and looking forward to going home.

As things have turned out I couldn't have been more wrong. Every month has been a real pleasure. Last night was no exception. Great to see familliar faces again and great to meet some new ones. But, Matt, where was the cake you promised?
Oh s**t Liz, the cake! You left it in the oven .....

Quick, call the brigade

I was talking to councillor Alan about the very same thing last night, about how unexpectedly pleasant everyone I've met at HoL is. Its a bit of a London thing, everyone looks like a terrorist until you get to know them..some of them are probably but I doubt if they've got the time for local chit chat.
Thanks for organising last night everyone. Nige and I had a great night and as Tom says we were to full of local pride walking home (that or maybe gin?!). Looking forward to the next one already :o)
If the HoL drinks fill folk with local London (P)ride then it's worth it's weight in gold. A sense of community is definitely needed within a big city like London.

Maybe for one of these 'drinks' meet-ups we can arange for a band or two to play?!
Band is a great idea Matt. Someone suggested booking the back room if even more people join next time. Do you have any band contacts from looking for one for the summer fete? I'm happy to put a few calls in etc to see who would be interested in playing x
Excellent! Could you? Not sure how this will work, assuming said band wants paying but we could probably work something out. What type of music are we thinking; R&B, jazz, rock, indie?

Or maybe we want someone playing flamenco guitar in the corner, (for example) so people can still natter.
How on earth would we chat to one another with a rock band going on in the background?
Yes, if this is something for the 'drinks' night then I agree, we're looking at background type music.

But then I've heard you like to get on the dance floor John ... so who knows. ;)
I'll nip into Pret A Manger to see of I can borrow one of the backing CDs - nice!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service