Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

image: Ewan-M taken June 28, 2008.

Was at a do near the Queens Head last night so took the opportunity to pass by. As John has said recently the courtyard out front is blocked off at one end. A car is parked in there. Entrance to pub from the courtyard is gated off. The corner entrance is the only way in and out, if you get past the burly doorman. Luminous paper signs are stuck all over the windows telling under 21s to stay away.

Inside it looks as though nothing has changed. Opportunity missed ... shame really. It did look quiet in there and that's on a Friday night at 10:30. So, it looks like they've kicked out the hoods but kept away higher spending custom.

Views: 165

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

atleast the dusty old tobacco stained curtains have gone.. Pity they havent done something more imaginative with the front area. They've got a back garden too havent they?
I rekon it won't be long before it is closed again.

Most of it's customer base has been banned, ie it's over 21's now, so cannot be that busy. I'm not that fussed it being a sports pub I just wish it wasn't so tacky and sold ale and half decent food. I think Harringay is blessed with a couple of good pubs, the Salisbury, Garden Ladder and the soon to be newly refurbished Old Ale Emporium. I don't the Queens Head would succeed as a Gastro Type place.

If CAMRA are rght, it'll be flats before you know it then!
Birdy, I was also thinking the place is heading for slow death.

Ruth, the garden area is to the side.
I can't be the only twit who thought the 'no one under 21' signs up said no one under 27? Maybe thats why its empty.
Damn European types bringing there number oddities here : )
I spoke to the new landlord when they were "refurbishing" it and he was definitely from North London, although I do have trouble telling the difference between and Australian and a New Zealander now...

I am disappointed but not surprised.
I thought he was Hungarian or something, maybe I'm mistaking him with Granvilles mother?
Nope... he was a football geezer. Blank look when I asked if he would show the rugby or the cricket.
Rugby & cricket are minor sports in this country : )
No one under 27, oh that me out then.
The owner I spoke to was Turkish. He left Turkey when he was 14 and has had at least 20yrs in the trade. He has brought his own door staff with him and is determined to clean up the place for a while before starting to put on events and attract the decent people.
I`d give him some time
That's useful to know. Thanks Glyn.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service