Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Any budding filmmakers out there who would like to make "My Harringay"?

To celebrate the release of Guy Maddin's My Winnipeg, a competition has been launched where filmmakers are invited to submit a 3-minute documentary about their hometown, being as experimental and creatively adventurous as you dare!
Guy Maddin will join a jury of industry professionals to select the winning entry, which will be screened on Channel 4 and included on the DVD release of My Winnipeg. The winner will also be rewarded with £1500 and a holiday to Winnipeg, Canada. The 3 runner-up films will be screened on Channel 4 and the winners will receive £1500. A selection of further films will join the prize-winning entries and be shown at Branchage Film Festival in late September.
For full details and further info, visit: www.yourwinnipeg.co.uk

You can read the FilmExposed review here:
http://www.filmexposed.com/?file=review&id=651

Views: 59

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

To anyone who is interested in doing this - I have been a Producer at the BBC and worked in it's documentray department for 11 years. I am very happy to give any help / advice if you want to go for this - it's a great opportunity.
I think my son may be interested - he is not around until 8th September though - would be great if he were to have some advice?
Many thanks
Jean
I'd certainly be interested to be involved, but don't have the time to take a lead. This is the website with more info. Any other takers? Entries close on Sept 1st.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service