Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

This from the Hornsey & Crouch End Journal:

Agreements that will begin the development of the Hornsey Depot site have not been signed, causing the project to grind to a halt.

The site, bordered on four sides by the High Street, Myddleton Road, Miles Road and Cross Lane, includes Hornsey Coroner's Court and the empty Hornsey Baths building.

It will be developed into a mix of 300 houses and flats, a supermarket and 107 parking spaces under plans by Haringey Council.

But development agreements remain outstanding due to "technical and legal reasons" the council has confirmed.

Councillor Charles Adje, cabinet member for resources, said: "I am as frustrated as the ward councillors and the people because having had the exhibition and high hopes, it has taken almost a year to conclude. This is not good for anyone especially given the current economic climate."

He said he had met with the preferred developers on June 10, when they were "fully committed to the scheme" but not with Sainsbury's, the third key player, which owns land on the depot site.

He said: "I vented my frustration with the preferred developer. There has been a delay with Sainsbury's moving things forward."

The slowdown was discussed at a council cabinet meeting last Tuesday.

The council hopes to agree an action plan that will see all three parties meet fortnightly to get "movement" back into the project.

Councillor Robert Gorrie, Hornsey ward councillor and leader of the Liberal Democrats, highlighted residents' concerns about the development and said consultation had only involved "75 attendees".

He claimed his written questions about the project had gone unanswered and an impact assessment by Sainsbury's on how the supermarket would affect trade in Muswell Hill and Crouch End had not been supplied.

He said: "Ward councillors clearly don't count as stakeholders in this process."

Councillor Adje invited him to attend a meeting with developers and Sainsbury's, and said his questions would be answered.

Tags for Forum Posts: Sainsbury's, hornsey depot-sainsbury's

Views: 115

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm not sure if the spell checkers among this site will approve of that typo of yours Mr Hugh
Thanks Ruthe. I enjoyed it too!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service