Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Anyone else noticed that those sensible traffic wardens have punished a car for parking in the Green Lanes bus lane - by clamping it. So it's now been there since at least yesterday morning, meaning that for 2 days now it's been blocking the bus lane - kind of negating the whole point of policing a bus lane!

I seem to recall (from complaining about the fact that Iceland load/unload their lorries with impunity in the bus lane every morning) that the Green Lanes bus lane is not the responsibility of TFL but the council. Any ideas who I can contact to see if I can get them to tow this car away (and think twice about clamping in the future)?

Tags for Forum Posts: Bus lane, clamping, tfl, traffic wardens

Views: 120

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Maybe it's a free advert from the council to others not to park there.

As much as it should be shifted, you wouldn't expect the council to be efficient and move it within days would you?

It'll cost money for the council to tow it away, they want the owner to cough up the readies to release the clamp and pay any costs.
Three points

1. What's the point of clamping in the bus lane in the first place? They should tow them away straight away. Clamping defeats the whole purpose of a bus lane - keeping the lane clear for buses. Doh.

2. If the owner hasn't stumped up within 2 days to get the clamp removed, it's clearly not a priority for them so car could be there for weeks. It's not unusual to see clamped cars sit clamped for weeks or even months.

3. If your car gets towed away, you have to pay more anyway - the council still recoups its costs. I'm sure the council are not losing money by towing (and anyway, towing is usually outsourced to nice friendly firms) and they charge you daily for each day your car is in the pound.
It's a nice late model silver golf if I recall correctly too.

Not just Iceland, Tescos have a truck in there every morning too.
Spent a year of my life chasing and harrassing Haringey Parking Dept to do something about the Iceland trucks (including a Freedom of Information request) to no avail - bottom line is that as far as they were concerned, the cameras are supposed to be automatic so every time Iceland infringe, they get a ticket. The council will do no more and as Iceland have obviously just written off the cost of tickets as a business expense, we have to put up with a bus lane that doesn't work most mornings. I believe that further south, in Islington, the bus lanes are operated by TFL who are much more proactive - they even have red lane patrols to chase drivers out.

As for Tesco, technically, that bit outside Tesco is not actually a designated bus lane so its' just an ordinary parking offence.

I tend to go past between 7.30 and 8, and must admit I don't see them there that often, while Iceland have at least one or sometimes 2 every day at that time.
Council don`t clamp they remove.
Yep. From the council website:

Haringey Council no longer clamps vehicles. However, DVLA NCP - National Contractors clamp untaxed vehicles, and Wings Securities clamp on private council land.

Still doesn't get it shifted though!
You know.... this weekend a lot of the shops on Wood Green high street had been stink bombed by young kids. While I tried hard to contain a smirk of admiration for this, I think it's funny the first time, but not again. Imagine if a naughty cyclist starting lobbing them in the back of this truck...
ah stink bombs - the good old days.

:D

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service