Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I received the following in an email this morning from Daniel Hernandez of Haringey Arts about their Victorian Mayhem Festival running today at Markfield Park:

hey hey,

the forecast is good - a beautiful day is ahead. i'm tired but happy - its about 2am and i'm at home smelling of engine oil - been setting up the engine rooms for 3 days now and sorting out this festival for about 4-5 weeks. Its been hectic: not quite as much of a roller coaster as the completely bonkers, open submission 'Manifesto' event but not without its stresses. But when I go into the park and the rooms i'm feeling good about this festival and loving the vibe of the place where we're doing it. Theres so many facets to this park - the secret labrynth bit that will be full of performers, theres the quiet bit by the river. theres a big empty expanse of field, there's the bit where we're putting the stage which is a bit of an amphitheatre vibe - theres the grafittied up pagoda and bmx ramps, theres the Markfield building where we're putting the photobooth and the costume dept, and this monstrous victorian machine room with our installations and performers in it - then there's an especially nice and talented bunch of performers and artists who'll be doing their thing - for once in the day time - with kids and everyday folk thrown into the mix with all of our bunch.

i think its going to be really good.

If this one doesn't take your fancy, check the other events on today at the events pages.

Views: 11

Reply to This

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service