Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Teenage girl gang Christian fanatics attack Ally Pally art organiser over Ronald McDonald crucifix - I ain't making this up!

Photo: Hornsey journal

Hornsey Journal Article

AN EFFIGY of a fast food icon on a crucifix in Alexandra Palace has sparked outrage among Christians this week.

Teenage protesters allegedly pinned the exhibition organiser to a wall as they demanded the removal of a figure of Ronald McDonald hanging from a cross on an island in The Lake on Saturday.

Tony Peakall, organiser of the Tidy Art exhibition, which runs until Sunday, June 22, revealed how he was attacked by around 10 girls.

They reportedly grabbed him and shouted at him to take it down.

He said: "When I tried to explain about the piece they said if it was a Muslim symbol we wouldn't do it because we would get bombed.

Views: 329

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As always, the delicious irony is that those who protest things like this only end up supplying the oxygen of publicity. It happened with Piss Christ, it's happening here. In fact it happened with the McLibel trial, too, so you can bet McDonalds won't be protesting about this!
I hear that Wood Green McDonald's are considering doing a religious promotion in their shop windows, as part of art week. Something about Jesus loves Big Macs. Oh lordy, lordy ....
Now I have a mental image of a Big Mac singing that old Sunday School song, 'Yes, Jesus loves me ... yes, Jesus loves me ... yes, Jesus loves me ... McDonalds tells me so.'
LOL. Well, money and religion aren't strange bedfellows!

I have a lot of respect for that guy named Jesus as a revolutionary. These days unfortunately his actions are used as some sort of psychological product placement.

If he was around now he'd be suing the church for defamation!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service