Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Teenage girl gang Christian fanatics attack Ally Pally art organiser over Ronald McDonald crucifix - I ain't making this up!

Photo: Hornsey journal

Hornsey Journal Article

AN EFFIGY of a fast food icon on a crucifix in Alexandra Palace has sparked outrage among Christians this week.

Teenage protesters allegedly pinned the exhibition organiser to a wall as they demanded the removal of a figure of Ronald McDonald hanging from a cross on an island in The Lake on Saturday.

Tony Peakall, organiser of the Tidy Art exhibition, which runs until Sunday, June 22, revealed how he was attacked by around 10 girls.

They reportedly grabbed him and shouted at him to take it down.

He said: "When I tried to explain about the piece they said if it was a Muslim symbol we wouldn't do it because we would get bombed.

Views: 329

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would say over-motivated :D
That's maybe not going to make me very popular but these girls were probabely not so far from the truth in their statement from the last sentence.
I suppose they could have old ron macdon hanging by his neck from a tree, but that would be offensive to the trees
Maybe the girls were rehearsing for a play, an art exchange with kidz from the Gaza strip. I mean, they seem such understanding sweet kidz.

Or maybe they hate Big Macs .... and that's why they're FATnatics innit.

Does Jesus give a damn ...

Nope.
Well that's very different to the gangs that we usually worry about. Serious ting dat! Must be some other Lord God thaat's fueling this madness. It's enough to put you off organised religion innit? Personsly I quite like the McNut standing on a cross thing. Crusifixion wasn't Jesus's main squeeze. I thought loads of folk got the ole nail ting pon de cross.

One love!

Peace out
Yeah, because we're all trained terrorists and we don't contribute to the community nor pay taxes.
Yeah, and the Welsh are really sheep in disguise ..... and terrorists (but no-one has told them the M4 goes to London)

Bring back The Young Ones. Great therapy for hyped up, narrow minded adults ... and kidz.
Petition please!
that last statement was disgusting and totally uncalled for. and your recognition of 'truth' in their sentiment is unsettling and also not needed.

why do people always have to hate on others?

as for the girls, it looks like all they wanted was to 'rough' someone up and nothing else.

it makes them no better than those 'muslims'...
thank you Ben. i totally agree.
I think the point they are trying to make, be it in a school-girl-stylie fashion is that if its not ok to use muslim symbols why is it ok to use christian symbols? Personally I dont see anything wrong with using religious symbols but maybe its because I'm a non religious person. But even I consider Ronald to be the devils reprensentative on earth and think he deserves to be crucified along with his burgers.
Neil agrees with you Ruthe. He's vegetarian after all.
Christians stole the "crucifix" from pagan warriors. An upended sword in the ground was "prayed to" before battle and you marked out your fallen comrades graves with a rough sword shape made of wood. I think it's rather sad that people like Vladimir Putin can just put a crucifix around their neck and people think they're a good guy. Ditto that American idiot.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service