Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

The last recorded police patrol of Wightman Road documented!

Tags for Forum Posts: Wightman Road

Views: 61

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ha ha!
This is unfair. I was walking home with a couple of friends down Wightman Rd last year. One of the friends was riding his bike beside us on the road with no lights and the police stopped us and said that they'd hate to be picking him up off the road later on in the morning.
They'd probably be the ones to knock him over and then claim he was wearing a large jacket and jumped some barriers.

They usually pick on harmless people and drive past knife bearing thugs, "We'll collect them once they've stabbed someone."
Nice one Paul. See same view at Then and Now Photos.
Strange. I understand that the police not only patrolled Wightman Road but very recently were there checking every HMO with EDF, Council planning Brit Gas for Crime and safety reasons.
Took a whole day I believe.
I think they discovered a large number of stolen electricity meters and some very dodgy electrics.
Not only Landlords getting their electric for free but serious fire risks were found.
There were some arrests and some pending as well.
We know you guys are busy with all sorts of work. In fact everyone's jobs are so varied these days any one of us could be called up to cover PM duties, whilst current incumbent gets over crisis of confidence.

Technology and H&S rules have changed everything. That policeman in the photo standing on the street corner doesn't have a car to use, a telephone nearby (let alone a mobile), email, computer filing or profiling, helicopter support, armed response backup, intelligence unit info or a stab vest.

It's no wonder he prefers standing on a street corner ... or even has time to do so.
Clearly this was exageration to make a point and substantially born of disgruntlement at the reaction I received when I reported my front window having been shot and shattered. Similarly, it would have been re-assuring to have had a presence last night when the idiots were driving along Wightman blowing their horns, although clearly Green Lanes had it worse. The general point being that of disregard for crime, anti-social behaviour, traffic speed,...... on Wightman Road. [Rant ends . .]
I remember being shocked in 1998 on my way to a cricket game in Essex that the Arsenal fans thought it was a cool thing to do driving around Tottenham blasting their horns and generally being childish. I've seen Turkish fans do it in Zurich too after winning a game of football. I just shrug my shoulders now, I think Tottenham fans do too.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service