Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

This might have been covered in earlier discussions and if so I apologize. I've been away for a while and haven't had time to read all the posts on here.
My bugbear as a driver is the actual signals at these junctions.
Firstly, if you're coming out from Sainsburys' and waiting to turn left, if you're at the front of the line you have to look to your right to see if the left turn arrow is lit. Surely there should be another light in front of the queuing traffic? This is even more relevant if, like today, the bulb has gone in the arrow box so you're not aware you can move forward.
Next, if you're then waiting to turn right into Endymion Rd, you have to move forward to wait putting you in front of the traffic lights. Since they redesigned this junction there is now no lights to let you know of the change from green to red which often means that some drivers are still moving forwards to turn when the lights have changed and are green for the Endymion exiting cars. Again, shouldn't there be a set of lights ahead on the other side of the junction? Perhaps they should even consider putting in a filter system there?
These few points are some of the factors that contribute to the gridlock traffic problems people are experiencing there. The planners weren't using joined up thinking methinks.
I also wonder if these planners actually drive around the areas, at varying times to experience the problems that exist. Or do they just stand there with a clip board for ten minutes or so ticking little boxes on a ready made form that bears no relevance to different situations at different sites?

Tags for Forum Posts: traffic

Views: 28

Reply to This

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service