Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Check this out: http://www.london-eating.co.uk/7261.htm

There's more at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/48939225@N00/1463993251/

I'm putting this in as "news" because it's been a long time coming... Muna's has been open for maybe three years now, and this awesome restaurant is usually just about empty (which several of the reviewers found astounding).

If you want to support local business, this should be at the top of your list. Some of the food may seem exotic at first for some tastes, but after a minute you'll wonder how you ever got along without it.

Views: 152

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm in on the ad idea.
You should try thr Sunday lunch. Roast beef, roast chicken etc with a twist. Excellent food and hospitality. A rare gem in Green Lanes.
Maybe we should have a once a month - meet the neighbours evening or something. We can't let this gem go.
Muna is fab!
I went a couple of months ago and thought it was lovely. I think it would be great to go more often, the only thing that isn't great about it is the lack of people!
Great response, everyone!

Now what?

If we open up the site for local advertisers, when and how might that happen? I'd be happy to put together an ad (in fact, I promised Muna I would, months ago), but need more info first. Should we have a "marketplace" or "bazaar" section providing space for local businesses we decide we like, and be lenient about bill-collecting?

The monthly (weekly?) Locals-Getting-Together suppers (or buffets) are another fine idea. Maybe someone wants to take charge and get this tradition started?
Just back from Muna's after a long absence. It's just as good as we remember, with Muna as friendly as ever. But it shouldn't be so empty on Saturday night. Just the two of us between 8.00 and 8.45, with nine others by 9.30. I assured Muna that a lot of people are talking about her. Any chance of getting eight or a dozen of us together there, say, next Friday or Saturday???
Muna is a gem...She just used to be a resident on the `Ladder` but decided to take a chance on this venture.
I for one think she should be supported.
I can't supply the others, but count me in for Friday or Saturday.
We can arrange a buffet, if you want.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service