Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

This from Stroud Green Residents' Association (Wish I could say it's from the Harringay Residents' Association........or any association in Harringay come to that):

Put 26th April in your diaries! The day when SGRA residents will be strolling around the area, chatting with friends and neighbours, drinking Ts and coffees, buying assorted goodies from street stalls, talking to our community police and learning about Fairtrade at Holy Trinity on the Green.

So, to recap, Saturday, April 26th, 2-4.30pm is NEIGHBOURHOOD DAY!

Please come and take part in the events happening around Mountview Road, Stapleton Hall Road, Granville Road and the roads inbetween (Albany, Addington, Quernmore and part of Oakfield).

On each of these roads residents will be setting up stalls and offering an eclectic array of items for sale. Stalls include children's toys and clothes, a re-use and recycle stall, book stalls, pottery, plants, bric-a-brac, fairtrade goodies, home-made cakes, jigsaw puzzles and more.

Refreshments will be available in Stroud Green Library on Stapleton Hall Road and at Holy Trinity Church on Granville Road which will open its doors to residents for the event.

In addition to the stalls events include a storytelling session for children at the Library at 3pm and Haringey Adult Learning Service will also be there, telling people about the part-time and evening courses available across the Borough. Guided tours around the Granville Road Spinney will take place at 2.15pm and 3.45pm and the Safer Neighbourhoods Police Team will also be on the Spinney, offering help and advice.

Other information stalls will include details of the Residents Association, library services and local religious organisations.

Some of the stalls will be donating any monies raised to good causes.

So there will be lots going on - but the main point of the event is to get people out and about and saying 'hello' to their neighbours and finding out about what is on offer locally.

EVERYONE WELCOME. PLEASE BRING A FRIEND(S).

Look out for a coloured information leaflet with trail map which will drop through your letterbox in the next few days.

Tags for Forum Posts: local ideas, residentsassociation, sgra, stroudgreen

Views: 128

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Of course, I'm happy to help in any way I can.

It's great you guys are doing this. It's nice to have other folks promoting the site too.

Let me know when you need the posters by.
Yes I think so. Let's find one that suits. Next week is the bank holiday week-end, so no good, this Sat. is too soon, maybe the on after, May 10th?
thanks Concetta for your encouragement!
For the last 2 years we have had summer parties in the Open Space at the end of Fairfax Rd. In 2006 it was primarily a Fairfax Rd party, and last year there were people from all over the Ladder. We also had some funding from Haringey from the Making the Difference budget, some of which is left over for this year. We had a kids entertainer, a brilliant magician, live music from local residents, food from around the world, and arts and crafts.

I was thinking of either Sunday the 6th or 13th of July for this year.

Who is interested in getting involved?

Should I set up a Ladder Summer Party group on this website?

Here are photos from 2006 and 2007:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13613274@N06/sets/72157602086945445/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13613274@N06/sets/72157602023600122/
I think it would be a great idea Adam
Yes, I also think it's a good idea. Using the ladder's open space makes sense. Setting up a group here on site would certainly help too. Either of those dates should work. NHP's summer fair is end of June I think so no clash there. If someone from each road joined the group this would help to publicise the event. Good to hear you could keep some of the monies for this year.
Great idea Adam! I'll do what I can to help.
OK, so that's four roads covered by some sort of representation;

Seymour
Hewitt
Falkland
Fairfax

15 to go!
Annette, after the 10 May is ok with me too. I wonder if other members in the 15 other streets could do the same...
i have set up a group called Party in the Park 2008 - please join and we can start the planning!!!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service