Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

The Green Lanes Strategy Group was set up in response to to the brief spell of violence that flared up on Green Lanes over five years ago.

Its membership is by invitation and my understanding is that it appears to be probably the most influential body representing Harringay. My understanding is that it reports to the Council both through the Area Assesmbly and directly to the Leader. I understand that it also counts two members of the Council "cabinet" amongst it members.

I stress that this is my understanding. I am unable to be unequivocal about it because the only information released about it is contained in newsletters - a la Haringey People - available via the Haringey website. It might be that I haven't asked the right questions in the right way. So please forgive me my failure on this. I would welcome any additions / corrections to my poor knowledge of the group.

Its brief has been to improve the Green Lanes Area following the incidents in 2002. Laudable. At its inception a five year plan was produced which is attached for your information. I think the plan looks great. Not perfect but a helluva blueprint. I'm all in favour. Year 5 was 2007.

I write now to let you know, by way of information, that I understand that the next meeting will be on Tuesday next week. I will be fowarding the results of the survey thus far to the group prior to their meeting.

Tags for Forum Posts: glsg, green lanes

Views: 120

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Many thanks Nilgun. We welcome your vision in embracing the possibility of a charter.

(PS: THe original post was made in Feb. So the "next week" was w/c 25th Feb. Sorry if the layout of the site id confusing.

BR

H

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service