Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Anyone have any idea what (if any) air quality monitoring is done in these parts? I suspect at the weekends when the traffic is bad it probably isn't sensible to go for a jog along Green Lanes. A report in The Times makes the link between traffic fumes and ill health: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/science/article3389896.ece

Maybe if we could prove that the air quality around here was really bad, they might do something about the traffic!

Tags for Forum Posts: air quality, pollution

Views: 168

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There are 2 monitors in Tottenham High Road but they are not always switched on I understand. There is an item about air pollution on the Council website. I am intending to push for pollution monitors along Green Lanes. I would ideally like one on the junction of Salisbury and St. Anns Road outside my house where the traffic congestion has been building up in an alarming way over the last few years, but realise that is a bit greedy. I'd settle for one at the corner of Green Lanes , Salisbury and Warham Rds. Monitors apparently cost £10,000 each. Fred Robotham, Scientific Officer, Environmental Health and Safety Dept is the man with the information.
Hi Margaret

That's useful info. If there's any chance of a monitor on Green Lanes no doubt only one would be possible at that cost of 10 grand each. Would you be happy with having a monitor located on the junction of Green Lanes and St Anns Rd?

Is it Mr Robotham to whom the request is sent?
Mr Robotham is first in line for information on the next steps. Tel: 020 84895558 Ext 8231.
The more people showing interest in the project the better. A monitor on junction of Green Lanes and St. Ann's Rd would be a good site.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service