Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

A number of members have written to me recently about the possibility of establishing some clear site protocols – what goes and what doesn't.

As membership has grown, I agree with them. It's probably about time. So I've produced a set which is attached to this page and can also be downloaded via the link in the box towards the top of the centre column on the main page.

They're essentially concerned with keeping things civil and encouraging members to bear in mind the effect of things they write on others and to try not to cause offence to others.

As I was reminded by one member the other day, I have a legal obligation to ensure that no material which may cause offence is permitted on this site. I also have an ethical responsibility in this respect.

This will mean that from time to time, I will moderate conversations. When I do so I do not see my role as guessing the intent of the authour, nor to make a judgement on what they say; rather I act on behalf of all members, seeking to interpret what may be seen as giving offence. I will not always be correct, but must be guided by my own best judgement.

No sleight is intended by my moderations and I hope you will understand should any of your comments be moderated.

I would welcome any comments on the document, either by message or through commenting on this post.

The document also contains lots of tips on using the site, because the ins and outs aren't always obvious.

One thing it makes clear is that EVERYTHING posted on this site, including on other members', pages is public. So don't leave personal information there unless you want others to have access to it. Messages between members are completely confidential (including from me).

Views: 7

Attachments:

Reply to This

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service