Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but it is actually remarkably easy to report a problem (broken street lamp, dumped rubbish etc) to Haringey via their website. You need to go to http://www.haringey.gov.uk/index/contact/report_a_problem.htm. You then get sent an email which gives you a reference number and an estimated time for sorting out the problem. For a few things I just reported the range was from next day (for dumped rubbish) to 3.5 days (broken street lamp) and 28 working days which is almost 6 weeks!!!!! for a defect on the pavement. No guessing what the targets are at the moment?!

Tags for Forum Posts: haringey, reportaproblem

Views: 72

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I once asked them if they could take away some stuff that a more than considerate neighbour had dumped out side our windows and I was impressed - dealt with remarkably quickly, but then if is public health issue I suppose they would. Having moved around various councils in my (many but not telling) years in London, Haringey do measure up pretty well with the day to day things like this. Or maybe just been lucky.
Thanks for rasing this again Adam. The link you offer plus others can be accessed via the link on the main page in the navigation panel Haringey Council Key Pages to Understand Policy & Have your Say...
Although this is a great system and you get a reference number, it is not foolproof.

I complained to the council about something eighteen months ago and filled in the form on the website, even getting a confirmation email and reference number.

When I heard nothing for about two months, I decided to phone them and quoted the reference, the didn't have it on their system and had to start the whole procedure again.

Probably best to follow it up with a phone call a week later.
The web-site has been really good when I've used it, curtain-twitching b***h that I am... I have complained about dumped rubbish as few times, and it's been dealt with swiftly. Much better than calling the Accord people, they take it personally if you complain, and are not pleasant.
I can echo the problems when calling Accord, but it can be useful to call them (if you are prepared to be patient!!) if you are walking around and see dog mess or dumped rubbish, to call from a mobile phone. The number is 8885 7700

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service