Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

North facing garden. Very attractive prospect for any young and aspiring slug or snail families. Can move in immediately.

Tags for Forum Posts: gardens, pests

Views: 148

Replies to This Discussion

The weather recently put me off too! I tried the copper tape last year and it was successful for a couple of months (bought at Homebase). Also beware of your fingers - the tape can unstick and the sharp edges can protrude giving nasty sharp cuts!!
I have/had a beautiful hosta which they devoured in a couple of days (whilst I was away), seems to be growing again.

We have just had new fences put up on either side and the garden's looking very bare - here's hoping for some good weather.

Anyone else have a slug/snail cures?
Easy, use beer.

Put some beer in a small food container, plastic one, on the ground where you see the slugs/snails eating flower or leaves. In one or two days you'll see the container full of dead (for binge driking) slugs/snails.

I'm currently using the beer to protect primroses and I usually do to protect my strawberries.
Delicate question FP - what do you do with the delightful contents of your container? Compost? Haringey food recycling box?? Buried in your garden? Am honestly (and sadly) interested!
Compost. All organic.
I gave up with beer outside the strawberries because simply there were too many. I switched to "bio-killer" to reduce the population... draconian remedy.
My attempts with beer weren't that successful either. Squashing or those organic pellets - seem to be the only things that work.
I should feel guilty somehow, Romans imported the "nice friends" because it was considered "gourmet food". Couldn't they bring over something else, I don't know... just wine?

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service