Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

If there are any smokers out there who really miss their pipe/cigar/ciggie with a pint, The Old Ale Emporium has submitted plans to build a smoking area within the boundaries of the existing building.

This will be compliant with all the new national legislation.

As someone who loves being in a pub without the smokers, I think this is a good proposal. The OAE does have it’s fare share of smokers and has come up with a scheme that adheres to the law and keeps the smokers away from the inside of the pub.

All the information is on the Haringey Council website:

http://www.planningservices.haringey.gov.uk/portal/servlets/Applica...

Tags for Forum Posts: green lanes, old ale emporium, planning

Views: 138

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you for your support on the smoking area plans at the O.A.E, we have tried to balance out the needs of smokers and non smokers in the pub.
Hope fully after being turned down on our first set of plans, this time the council will see it is to the benefit of all who use the pub regularly .
David Smith
Manager O.A.E
Hope all goes to plan David

Just one comment on the OAE, the ale is the best in Harringay.

As much as I enjoy the Salisbury, the ale is a 6/10 and the Garden Ladders ale is too cold. The OAE is served at a good temperature, good price and has a changing selection. This is a proper pub as it should be with helpful and cheerful bar staff which cannot be said about the Salisbury, in my experience of course.
Just a detail - the link is to the original application which was refused on fairly technical grounds - LBH has confirmed that the proposal does meet the smoking legislation requirements.

A revised application has been submitted - HGY/2008/0153 - and is pending decision.
Thanks DAvid, to make that easier, it's at OAE Planning Application
We have also applied for longer opening hours for the weekends .
The notices are on the windows of the pub if anyone wishes to read them.
the hours wil be from 11:00 am till 01:00 am with 30 minutes drinking up time .
If Anyone has any queries please come in and ask I will be happy to explain the notices.
Planning for the new legal smoking area within this establishment has been granted today.

http://www.planningservices.haringey.gov.uk/portal/servlets/Applica...

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service