Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Just wanted to let people know that I had my moby stolen (from coat pocket so double damm) last night- between bus stop just before threshers, and the shop itself. Think it may have been group of 6-7 young men hanging near the bus stop. So be a bit careful.

I hope other people are smarter than me and have copied their contact details...I have lost all of mine!

Tags for Forum Posts: crime

Views: 72

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry to hear about this Carole and thanks for letting the rest of us know about it. If you're stuck without a mobile, I wonder if it would be worth putting a message on Haringey Freecycle - must be someon with a decent mobile they no longer want (if not now, then surely the day after Xmas!!)
Be careful of distraction thefts of mobiles, especially if you have a child's buggy! I had my mobile in my coat pocket in Finsbury Park and two men stopped me at a crossing to tell me that one of the front wheels was broken and that they could fix it. While one was distracting me by fiddling with the wheel, the other had his hand in my pocket and was trying to get my mobile. I had heard of this sort of 'distraction' theft, so grabbed his arm and stopped him, but it was a close shave.
Police are aware of the issue around Finsbury Park station and they are patrolling quite a lot the area inviting people to be careful when showing off their mobile phones.
They are currently cracking down all the business related to mobile phones in Blackstock Road because it reached an unbearable level. Even because attracting dodgy people in the street annoying locals.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service