Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Anyone remember the fuss we locals of Harringay Gardens made - petitions etc after the guy built a 30 foot long shed - on the other side of my back garden fence - he was using it to store white goods - old fridges etc...??

Well his retropsective planning application has been refused...... he can appeal of course....

Furthermore, I have heard there are some other more serious charges against the owner pending...... and some question about the legality of a possible 'hotel' on Green Lanes - near Rainbow corner shop and opposite the No 29 bus-stop.. its funny because its being denied that it is one, a hotel, but it is (allegedly) advertised on a website and I have seen people entering with suitcases on wheels while I was waiting for the No 29....... strange that...

Views: 329

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

And he still hasn't complied with the refusal of his permission for the pallisade. Anyone know when the date for compliance is? It's usually 3 months from the original refusal (in which he's allowed to appeal) If it's passed and he hasn't appealed, we'll need to hassle enforcement to start to bring proceedings - in my own experience, it can take anything up to 9 months before they start proceedings if you don't stay on top of them.
I know about the hotel - I have had people asking me where it is, so know it's being used as one. It's the Athena Palace Hotel I think. Very unlicensed it is too.

I would love to know what's being done about this guy, a local heavy I believe.
the police are onto him I believe... he'll get his come uppance one of these days ....soon....
It's going to be hard to deny it's a hotel when you've got websites like this:

http://www.travelstay.com/pages/AthenaPalaceHotelLondon.htm

!!
To be honest, that looks a lot better than the Shelton at Harringay station. Why on earth did he not apply for a licence? Habit?
or because it's not up to it when it comes to health and safety, fire regulations etc...?
and what the hell is the "B" complex across the road from the hotel?? Read the reviews from Bushy's link above:

" Nicola Cornell, British (11 August 08) 4/10
Was made to feel welcomed, but was extremely disappointed with the accomodation we were allocated.
We were placed in the B complex across the road from the hotel, the room was very basic, and there was evidence of damp coming through on the ceiling. The curtain in the main room was held up with string!!! The bathrooom facilities were poor with evidence of mould in the shower cubicle.
The postive side was that the hotel was closed to the Turnpike underground station so quick access into the centre of London. "
Now we know what he's doing with that 'shed' in his garden.
the 'B' complex across the road is the one with the 'shed' at the bottom of my garden ie. its a HMO and its also the one that has the attractive 'pallisade' metal aluminium fencing(which did not have planning permission either).... are any of these buildings properly regulated or do they have any planning permission or comply with Health& S regulations.... I have heard from someone in Community Safety that the hotel certainly does not and that there have been inspections, where the inspectors were told that people did not stay there - they were told people meet there and then are taken to other properly licenced 'hotels' in the area.......these website reviews suggest otherwise. It would therefore appear that anyone staying there would not have proper safeguards in regard to fire, gas etc regulations... which is both irresponsible, illegal and an accident waiting to happen....
So the question is, who do we need to report this to? Anyone know? From the posts so far, it sounds like the council have been duped and there's currently no ongoing action against him for this hotel that isn't.
I have alerted the Communitty support officer and asked her to check out this discussion - but we also need to inform councillors and MP
Why don't we all submit a review to the website stating that this is an illegal and unsafe hotel ? People may think twice if they are forewarned.
Surely the people in the planning office should know if this place, and also cell block B across the road has permission to operate as a hotel. I suggest starting there, and hopefully they can at least pint us in the right direction. The web-site reviews is excellent proof!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service