Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Unfortunately my son noticed three kids with a large dog were throwing stones at them, I approached them and asked them to stop, the ducklings managed swam to safety.

Tags for Forum Posts: ducklings, ducks, new river, new river wildlife, wildlife

Views: 963

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You appear to be referring to tiny little details of some of my comments. Did you copy paste them or just note them down? You have remembered them well although you have obviously misunderstood them. I'd call that Stalking, yes and creepy. Really, really creepy.
Hahahahahaha! You are hilarious, you do realise that don't you? Absolutely priceless. I couldn't wish for a more amusing stalker. I'm so pleased that I'm endlessly fascinating to you. Have a lovely weekend. :-)
The new River is just behind the street where I live, thanks for asking TBH although I won't disclose my house number for obvious reasons and yes, I am always amazed by the wildlife I see in the heart of the inner city...foxes, ducks flying overhead, finches darting about. Why! The other day I even saw a sparrow hawk taking out a pigeon. The speed of the kill and the plucking was incredible! And yes, my plants are still here plus the others further down the road which were planted by children who live on the estate back at the end of Summer.
In my experience some children haven't had the parental input that others on here will have had and that calling them feral and other names is pretty nasty imho.
Exactly :-)

Maybe they haven't, but every kid knows that killing ducklings is wrong.

Whatever the cause, it doesn't affect the reality of what they are.

Kids?

Robert Thompson and John Venables were kids.

Yes. Yes they were. Failed by their families and by the community around them.
Lovely Photo btw, Matthew.

I hear what you are saying Lauren but unfortunately some kids just don't get shown the difference between right and wrong at an early age. Schools only have them for a limited time period and they've a whole bunch of other kids to try and educate as well.

A good friend of mine has adopted two children in Haringey and without going into too much detail it's been a real eye opener for me. The level of neglect they suffered at the hands of their parents is staggering. The six year old had never had his teeth brushed or hair combed. I'm talking basic stuff here.  The neglect they have suffered is heart breaking.

I think Matt did the right thing. He asked them not too. If us adults don't show children how to behave and to respect wild animals then who will? 

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service