Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Hi,

Just letting people know about this application for a certificate of lawfulness for a house converted into 5 flats. The application claims it has been used as 5 flats from more than 10 years, it was last sold as a house 3/9/1998.

Planning application ref: HGY/2012/2000

If you wish to comment on the application follow the link below.

Link: http://www.planningservices.haringey.gov.uk/portal/servlets/Applica...

Tags for Forum Posts: wightman road

Views: 1208

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nick

One correction - it's 4 years of illegal use after which you can apply for a COL, not 10 years. So if Mr E has been living in a flat there since 2007, I think it's a safe bet a COL will be granted.

The reason owners apply for them is to 'legitimise' their conversion before selling because no buyer would take the risk that the council may yet bring enforcement action for the illegal conversion.

Bushy, as I recall it also used to be ten years for an HMO. (Home in Multiple occupation) Has that changed?  Although this conversion into five separate flats/bedsits doesn't appear to come within the definition.

The planning history on Haringey's "portal" tells an interesting story of an application for a Certificate of Lawfulness for an existing use being refused. Which appears to have been followed by masterly inactivity. Until time passed and the status quo established. With heavy and obviously intended irony, this Haringey Department is called "Place and Sustainability".

HGY/2007/1818
HGY/2012/2000
HGY/2012/2416

To adapt Tom Waits, developers are not "the kind of wheel you fall asleep at".

Nick hope this hasbt caused you stress. Bushy you just said what I was going to post here.

V
Sorry ment that @ MrE!

I was a bit worried but that was before I understood what a COL was and how it works. If the rules are for 4 years then it seems like the application should go through as I've been living here for longer than that!

We found the council tax log the best way to see the history of any conversion. It's what caught the HMO/COL next to us out, that, and one faked document.
Looks like this house is legit? The council tax do occasionally change the bandings at a later point. So 'as of' might indicate this. You can phone their offices and they were always helpful. Utility bills should match up.
Sounds like they might have waited for the four year rule.
There is a lot of info in the HOL housing groups section that we posted years ago.)

V

Hi all, 

Sorry for digging up this old topic now, but I'm considering renting the ground floor at 110. Is anybody here living under this address now? The only thing I'm really concerned about is the noise level from other flats (I didn't realise there were so many before looking here - thought it was 3!) I know that soundproofing in converted houses can be very poor and the noise is one of the reasons why i'm moving away from my current flat. Does anybody know if this is a problem? Thank you!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service