Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

"100-year-old trees are hacked down" - Want to protect your favourites?

The headline above appeared in an article in this week's Hornsey & Crouch End Journal. It told a sad tale of Crouch End residents trusting a non-commercial developer and ending up losing a group of mature trees.

The best way to protect your favourite trees is to see if you can get a tree preservation order (TPO) slapped on them. A few weeks ago I asked Haringey Council to detail all trees in Harringay with TPOs. In all of Harringay there are just 12 trees with TPOs (see attached spreadsheet).

To find out more about TPOs and how to apply for one, see Haringey Council's Website Page on the subject.

Tags for Forum Posts: tpo, tree protection order, trees

Views: 167

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My neighbours have just trimmed their two lyme trees (with TPOs) and a sycamore tree (without) in Lausanne Rd. Your list is incomplete.

BTW, it is not cheap owning a tree. I orgainised the trimming of these trees in 2003. It was 900 pounds, half price if you dispose of the wood yourself (which we did).
It may be that the list Haringey supplied me is incomplete. Are you certain that the trees have TPOs?

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service