Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

The Standard reports tonight that hundreds of council jobs are at risk in Haringey:

"Councils in London are facing a jobs bloodbath, with thousands of posts being axed because of huge cuts in government funding.

"Lambeth could lose 2,000 posts, 1,000 are at risk in Haringey, and Brent is expected to axe around 350 jobs — having already lost the same number.

"Haringey leader Claire Kober said: 'The depth and speed of the Government's public sector spending cuts have put local councils under immense pressure to make urgent savings.

'It is not possible to remove upwards of £50 million from our budget without significant job losses. We will, wherever possible, make cuts by first deleting vacant posts, but further job losses are unfortunately unavoidable'."

Full article here.

Tags for Forum Posts: public spending cuts

Views: 99

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Stuart, I don't think we disagree. These salaries are out of sync with ordinary workers. I think you're right: it does look top heavy. We need to think in terms of delamination. There are a number of job titles that seem to me to beg the question, what does this person do? Is their paper shuffling of any real value to the community?

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service