Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'wood green history' (16)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

From Today's Calls to Open up the Moselle to the Campaign of Yesteryear to Culvert an "Open Sewer"

It's interesting to contrast today's understandable calls to open up the Moselle through the 'Haringey Heartlands' with the view taken over…

Started by Hugh

11 Jul 24, 2018
Reply by EMC2

Was Jack the Ripper in Wood Green?

This has to be credible. I mean, after all it comes from the Sunderland Daily Echo and Shipping Gazette! (03 October 1888).

Started by Hugh

2 Jun 15, 2018
Reply by Ian Craine

Childhood Memories -2 - Shopping in Wood Green 1950s

Wood Green High Road was our first choice for shopping.  Walking from home on Green lanes you passed the Ritz Cinema - two different progra…

Started by Stephen Holliday

70 Jun 2, 2018
Reply by Paul Loke

The Bricklayers Arms, 1 Edith Road, Bounds Green, 1896-1965 - A local pub for local people!

Top Haringey historian, Albert Pinching (**doffs cap **), briefly mentions this lost pub on the estate behind The Springfield Tavern, so y…

Started by Richard Matz

1 Mar 30, 2018
Reply by Michele

Wood Green's Victorian Anti-Slavery and Animal Rights Activist

Researching some background to what on the face of it was a rather ordinary local Edwardian photo postcard today, I dug up some interesting…

Started by Hugh

0 Dec 22, 2017

Wood Green on Film

Hi. I'm a volunteer for London's Screen Archives, which is a network of various local borough archives and a few others. I've been catalogu…

Started by Zoe Roberts

3 May 16, 2017
Reply by Zoe Roberts

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service