Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'trees' (116)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

When you give a tree an email address...

...humans write *to* it not about it. Lovely story of how the city of Melbourne gave their trees email addresses so locals could report pr…

Started by Liz

9 Feb 15, 2016
Reply by Antoinette

Harringay's 350 year old tree

While this field maple was just a sapling standing in a field in deepest Middlesex, plague was emptying the city of London, the British and…

Started by Liz

6 Aug 22, 2015
Reply by Pavlos

Christmas trees in August

Is the Xmas tree recycling competition still open Liz. This was spotted in Stanhope Gardens Yesterday on the pavement?

Started by Andy Newman

5 Aug 14, 2015
Reply by Hugh

Free patio fruit trees (apple and pear)

I have 2 old dwarf apple trees (royal gala and golden delicious varieties from memory) and a dwarf pear (cordon style doyenne du comice) go…

Started by Robyn

9 Aug 8, 2015
Reply by Robyn

Tree close to house

My neighbour has a secamore tree at the end of their garden, approx six meters away from my house Should I be concerned?

Started by Sticky beak

8 Jul 9, 2015
Reply by Finsbury Park Ranger

Watering Raised Beds and Trees

Apologies for raising this topic again, but I hope this will catch some folks who have not see it first time around. The weather is hot and…

Started by Justin Guest

6 Jun 20, 2015
Reply by John D

Adopt A Tree?

Hugh and I have posted a couple of posts (here and here) recently on watering both trees and planters if you have one nearby. Hugh's was us…

Started by Justin Guest

5 Jun 19, 2015

Tree Removal Cavendish Road

This from the Council's tree officer: The Prunus tree located between 55/57 Cavendish Road N4 is due for removal.  The tree has been colon…

Started by HoL Site Admin

10 Feb 8, 2015
Reply by Chris Setz

Tree Removal on the Ladder

This in this morning from Haringey's Arboricultural team: Two trees are scheduled for removal in Harringay Ward.   Outside 33 Duckett Roa…

Started by Hugh

2 Nov 24, 2014
Reply by Dermot Gilroy

The Man who Planted Trees - the greatest guerrilla gardener in the world

For no other reason than that it is wonderful and makes treehuggers like me cry - meet the greatest guerrilla gardener in the world, Jadav…

Started by Liz

0 Jul 17, 2014

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service