Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'telephone scam' (7)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Telephone Scam - happening now!

From Haringey Neighbourhood Watch: A reminder of a telephone scam brought to your attention last year that is still happening. Please note…

Started by HoL Site Admin

8 Jan 30, 2013
Reply by John D

Phone calls from a secret and mysterious IT companies offering installation anti-virus and anti-spyware software

Dear All Over the last two weeks we have been running a quite interesting discussion about the necessity of buying an extra hard drive to b…

Started by Marek

21 Jun 16, 2012
Reply by Marek

Now here's a phone scam that would almost certainly catch me out

From Islington Council's Islington Life Blog:     The fraudster, claiming to be from your bank, says that they have spotted a fraudulent…

Started by Hugh

6 Mar 23, 2012
Reply by Alison P

A(nother) phone scam

I just had a gentleman phone me from an Indian call centre, purporting to be from the "Windows Tech Support Centre". He informed me that my…

Started by AntK

7 Jan 16, 2012
Reply by Liz

A new type of telephone scam?

I'm at home a lot, so I get the usual Hello, "we're offering you blah, blah blah" which I either just hang up on or sometimes string along…

Started by Liz

1 Jan 13, 2012
Reply by Lydia R

Warning of scam phone calls issued by Office of Fair Trading

Consumers are being targeted by telephone scammers claiming to be from the government, the Office of Fair Trading, a high street bank or a…

Started by Liz

1 Feb 10, 2011
Reply by maggie

Who Phoned?

Found the following on the web and thought folks might be interested: Having just come back from two weeks holiday, one of my first tasks…

Started by Hugh

1 Sep 2, 2009
Reply by Anette

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service